Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bear Lake, Mt. Spokane, and fun!

View from on top of Mt. Spokane
Another view
Miss Madison playing on the toys
Jakers coming down the slide
Maddie and Jake trying to find the chipmunk


Self portrait with the sun in our eyes
I took this picture not knowing she was behind me...haha
Alli, Jake, and Maddie @ Bear Lake





Lots of pictures!!!

I love the crisp fall air! There's something really refreshing about it. I've really been trying to take advantage of the good weather while it lasts, so just about every day I pack up Madison and Jake and we go down to Bear Lake. It's great because it's only about 10 minutes away, and it's never crowded, and I get my exercise in. It has a paved trail around the entire lake, and each lap is 1.2 miles, so I usually try to walk 3 laps, and hey...that's 3.6 miles! The kids usually stay entertained by each other, and after I've gotten my exercise in, there's a great playground they love to play on. I've sorta kicked myself for not going down there more this summer when it was actually really warm. Oh well, there's always next year.

My sister Martonne was in town for about a week so we decided to take the kids to Mt. Spokane. Both of us couldn't remember the last time we had been up there. The drive up is a little sketchy (no guardrails at times) and if it freaks me out a little on dry pavement, I can't imagine driving up there to ski. It was a beautiful day so we packed a lunch and explored.

School is going great! I am getting more and more confident every day. I have such great Learning Leaders and fellow Future Professionals! It really is a great school.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you updated! Great photos! I'm glad school is going well and can't wait to see you again someday... :) Just know I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you writing!! How fun that you guys have gotten to get out and see the sights!! I need to get my butt over there and get my hair did again. It needs it! You are looking amazing by the way...and of course, Miss Martonne is as well. : P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great pictures, Cody. Just one thing wrong--I'm NOT in them!! Keep making the memories!

    ReplyDelete