Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I got to class at about 4:55, and as soon as I walked in, it's complete silence. My mind automatically starts thinking, "Were they talking about me? Why'd they just stop talking?" But as soon as I get situated, they start talking again. Then out of nowhere, the subject of Mormons gets brought up. Mind you, one of the owners of the school is Mormon, and the admissions leader is also Mormon, so I know I have some "big" people on my side. So I'm just sitting there listening, and then finally I pipe up and say, "Well, I'm Mormon too, just FYI." The girls just kind of look at me, and then one of them says, "Oh yeah, there are lots of Mormons here." I just think it's funny how often the subject of "Mormons" get brought up. At least they all know now. The cat's out of the bag.

I also got to learn how to do a 5 min. mini scalp massage, and properly shampoo hair. It's harder than it looks! It's tricky learning how to use the "shampoo sinks" as they're called. Finding the right water pressure and temperature is key. Oh, and not giving guests a shower.

We also are having a Bowl-A-Thon, and all money is going to charity. So if you'd like to sponsor me, that would be awesome! Don't worry, I'm not a good bowler, so even like $.10 per pin would be cool. Let me know!!

2 comments:

  1. Very fun! I love the shampoo and massage! Hilarious that they know you're a Mormon now! How funny. What if they knew you were a missionary too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay girl, youre awesome! Dang, it sounds so fun to be a hair stylist ha I wanna learn too!

    ReplyDelete